Most American families are used to eating processed foods for breakfast. This can be a great issue for those trying to learn to be gluten free. Fortunately we have many options when it comes to safe cereals!
I’ve included links to all of them on Amazon so you can see what they look like. I get these though at our local store for a reasonable price.
Our Favorite Gluten Free Cereals:
- Rice Chex
- Corn Chex
- Chocolate Chex
- Cinnamon Chex
- Apple Cinnamon Chex
- Glutino Berry Sensible Beginnings
- Glutino Frosted Corn Rice Flakes
- Fruity Pebbles
- Cocoa Pebbles
Below is a list of cereals you might think are gluten free but actually aren’t! Always look at all the ingredients! Many cereals contain ‘malt flavoring’ which is made from barley!
NOT Gluten Free:
- Kellog’s Frosted Flakes (malt flavoring)
- Kellog’s Corn Flakes (malt flavoring)
- Rice Krispies (malt flavoring..except for the specially marked Gluten Free ones!)
- Cheerios (non certified GF oats plus wheat starch)
- Corn Pops (wheat starch)
Always check ingredients lists every time you buy! Ingredients change frequently. Also be cautious of getting store brand cereals. They don’t always have the same ingredients as brand names!