Gluten Free Chocolate Chip cookies can be hard to make ‘just right.’ I’ve tweaked my favorite recipe that a friend of mine Lynn makes a gluten version of. These were my all time favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies that I’ve been able to successfully translate into gluten free! The key is the method that you put the ingredients together to make it not grainy, so pay special attention to the mixing instructions!
- 2 1/2 cup Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Flour
- 1/2 PLUS 1/8 teaspoon Xantham Gum (important ingredient!)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks) softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp gluten free vanilla extract (I use Spice Island GF Extract)
- 1 egg plus 1 egg white
- 12 oz package Enjoy Life Mini Morsels
Combine Flour, Xantham Gym, Baking Soda and Salt in a bowl and set aside. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugars, and vanilla extract in a large mixer bowl until creamy. Add egg and egg white one at a time, beating well after each one. Gradually beat in flour mixture scraping down sides when needed. Stir in morsels. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 9-11 minutes at 375. Note they will not get brown much on top like gluten cookies will! Go based upon the bottom of the cookie!!