This dish has been a favorite of mine since my Grandmother first made it while I was in High School. Since then I’ve tweaked it even better and more recently converted it to gluten free! It’s great for taking to potlucks and holiday gatherings! You can also make this the night before and then just cook it for about an hour. It always tastes better that way and tastes better as left overs as the ingredients get a chance to meld together!
- 2 pounds chicken breast cooked and diced (make sure it’s gluten free chicken!)
- 2 -10oz packages frozen chopped broccoli thawed and well drained
- 2 boxes Pacific Natural Foods Gluten Free Cream Of Chicken Condensed Soup
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup light Mayonnaise (you can do 1 cup of regular instead of 1/2 and 1/2 but it actually tastes better this way)
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Buttered Gluten Free Bread Crumbs
Combine chicken soup, mayonnaise, curry powder, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Mix well. I like to taste test this at this point. You want it to taste a bit saltier than you’d expect because it’s the main seasoning and has to season the chicken and broccoli. In a 9×13 pan, layer 1/2 the broccoli, 1/2 the chicken, 1/2 the soup mixture. Repeat with the remaining ingredients. Top with buttered gluten free bread crumbs. Bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes. I like to put foil over it with one vent to let any extra moisture out. Once it’s nice and bubbly, I like to remove the foil and brown at 425 for 5-10 minutes.
Note: If you don’t need to be gluten free, just use 2 cans of Cream of Chicken soup and herb seasoned pepperage farms stuffing!